Tricia McKale Skyles at #KPEC2020
Tricia McKale Skyles returns for an encore presentation at KPEC 2020. Tricia began her career in education as a middle school teacher in Delphos, Kansas. After several years in the classroom, she began working as an instructional coach with Pathways to Success, a GEAR UP project that partnered the University of Kansas Center for Research on Learning and Topeka Public Schools. In this role, Tricia provided on-site one-to-one professional development for teachers, coaching them in best teaching practices for instruction and behavior management.
Tricia co-authored Coaching Classroom Management: A Toolkit for Administrators and Coaches with Randy Sprick, Jim Knight, and Wendy Reinke.
In her role as a Safe & Civil Schools consultant, Tricia has provided training in:
- CHAMPs: A Proactive and Positive Approach to Classroom Management
- Coaching Classroom Management for Coaches
- Coaching Classroom Management for Administrators
- Foundations: Establishing Positive Discipline Policies
- ParaPro: Supporting the Instructional Process
She consults with many schools in all areas of behavior management, schoolwide interventions, and best instructional practices.