9-12 Science Digital Supports
- Asking questions and Defining Problems
- Developing and Using Models
- Planning and Carrying Out Investigations
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Using Mathematics and Computational Thinking
- Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
- Engaging in Argument from Evidence
- Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
Featured Resources to support continuous learning opportunities
Staying grounded when remote learning
Online access required
- PBS Media - Science: Explore natural phenomena and scientific practices with videos, lesson plans, and interactive tools
- Khan Academy - Science: Learn about all the sciences, from physics, chemistry, and biology, to cosmology and astronomy, across hundreds of videos, articles and practice questions.
- PhET Online Simulations: Free science and math simulations for teaching STEM topics, including physics, chemistry, biology, and math, from the University of Colorado Boulder.
- CK-12 Flexbooks: “Techbooks” can be accessed in offline mode, which doesn’t require continual internet access but does require a device. More Information can be found here.
- National Science Digital Library (NSDL): Created by the National Science Foundation to provide organized access to high-quality resources and tools that support innovations in teaching and learning at all levels of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education.
NASA Education: NASA provides hundreds of resources organized by subject, grade level, type, and keyword. The lesson plans and teaching materials primarily support STEM curriculum.
Also check out the AEA digital resources that support 9-12 science learning
- NBC Learn
- Learn 360
- Gale Researcher