This professional learning experience for teachers includes educative elements embedded within the OpenSciEd OER science curriculum and in-person professional development. This course will prepare teachers with the practical elements of enacting a curriculum for the first time and provide a vision for the long term goals of the OpenSciEd Project and the implementation of A Framework for K-12 Science Education and the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
To view the complete units as well as download all of the teaching materials, please visit:
Overviews of each of the units
- Introducing OpenSciEd (Research and Organization of the units)
- Iowa OpenSciEd Sequence Suggestions (a standards look at the units)
- Thermal Energy (recommended for 6th grade)
- Metabolic Reactions (recommended for 7th grade)
- Sound Waves (recommended for 8th grade)