Administrator and Crisis Response Team FAQ
- How do we notify students and parents?
- Who is in charge of talking with the media?
- How can we support grieving students? Who should be involved in supporting grieving students?
- How do I identify other at-risk students?
- Should I cancel school or let out early for a funeral? Should the funeral be held at the school? Does the school provide transportation to funerals? Should the teacher accompany students to the funeral?
- How do I address requests for memorials?
- Should we dedicate a page to a deceased student in the yearbook?
- Should we acknowledge a deceased student at graduation? Should we have a moment of silent at graduation? Should we have an empty chair at the graduation? Should the school have a location for plaques on the wall?