Locked In the Museum
ELEMENTARY STEAM DAYS 2019
STEAM education is all about interdisciplinary learning and the Elementary STEAM Day 2019 was meant to be a model schools can implement back in district. This year, STEAM days were held in October at both the Dubuque and Elkader office and featured breakout challenges where students solved puzzles in teams to collect codes to open the final box at the end. Each of the exhibits featured challenges relating to the life and experiences of Leonardo DaVinci. Throughout the day, constructs such as collaboration, creativity, problem-solving, and communication were embedded in what how students engage in the learning... STEAM learning!
Below you will find resources used during the workshop as well as videos showing students in action!
Created and presented by the Keystone AEA STEAM team!
- Brea Baxter, Technology Integration Specialist
- Bev Berns, School Improvement Consultant- STEAM and Postsecondary Readiness
- Sarah Brincks, School Improvement Consultant- Literacy and ELL
- Kathy Hay, Technology Integration Consultant
- Jason Martin-Hiner, School Improvement Consultant- Science
- Gertie Monat, School Improvement Consultant- Math
- Kelli Olson, School Improvement Consultant- Fine Arts
- Sarah Sieck, School Improvement Consultant- Math
- Laura Stanner, Technology Integration Specialist